[pct-l] Questions

Thought I'd throw out a few answers for these fun questions......

If you try to hike from mexicali to campo, it would be on the shoulder
of a two lane highway or x-country thru some pretty gnarly mountainous
regions......
very undeveloped.....the only places to get food / water would be from
roadside ranches or small stores along the way...........mexican people
are very friendly and helpfull though.........a hearty good luck to ya !

re: whitney permits:  can you imagine the zoo the place would be if
there was no permit requirement ???  If it is beauty that you are looking
for, there are many many places that are equals of Mt. whitney in the high
sierra, where there are no people.  It is just a personal question to ask
yourself
if you want to sit utop the highest peak in the lower 48.

if you hike at night in the desert, you cannot see anything like
rattlesnakes, jumping
cholla cactus or any of the other serious desert hazards that you may face.
most folks just hike early in the morning, or late in the afternoon.
sleeping in
100 degree heat is pretty tough.......most folks can only moan and sweat. -
good luck !

I'm not sure if anybody knows about the availability of bicycles on trails
that
parallel the PCT........hwy 99 is pretty long.... hahaha are you foreseeing
yourself tiring of walking midway ?
I'm sure you could probably make offers on the multitude of old 3 speeds and
10 speeds you might see chained to the fences of houses along the way ?? ..
??
don't ride it on the trail though, I already tried. hahahahahahahahahahaha

steve