[pct-l] Questions

I like to walk and have questions. What types of experiences have people had hiking in Mexico? How developed is the area between Mexicali and Campo? And how difficult might the walk be? Has anyone tried hiking or evaluating possible PCT variations using the Gazeteer series topographic atlases of any of the states? Also are there any long trails that parallel part of the PCT where a person could buy a second hand bike to use for a week or so? A relative one: does the beauty of Mt Whitney out-measure the smack of distaste I get at the idea of the permit system? In the Desert why not leave behind the sleeping bag, hike at night and sleep out the blazing heat (yes I consider anything over 30 celcius blazin)? Thanks for your help and good luck to all.

Click Here

text/html (html body -- converted)
---