[pct-l] Mather Pass

Mather Pass is tougher than Forrester (at least the conditions I experienced).

Whoever left a wood ice axe handle on the north side of Mather in June of 2000  -Alleluia, thank you so much.  I was doing the JMT southbound without an ice axe.  I found the ice axe handle stuck in the snow after five or six steps further than I should have gone on a very steep icy slope.  What a gift!

This year I'm taking the ice axe for sure, want to keep on living to see my kids grow old.

Chris Ratliff
PCT 2002 hopeful
Felton