[pct-l] new golite packs

I don't know about the go-lite pack, but I can vouch for the G-4 pack.
The good news is, Glen the designer, will sell you one that you can demo
for about a month. Try it out on day hikes loaded and see how you like
it. Unfortunately you can't take it out for a REAL test run for an
overnight (if it's obviously used, he can't turn around and sell it as
new). I could be wrong, but I tend to think that these lightweight packs
will all have trouble handling the water loads in Southern California.
You may want to consider augmenting your pack with a fanny pack with
bottle holsters or some other means of carrying significant water loads
nearer your center of gravity. BTW,You might see if the Go-lite folks
have the same return policy as Glen. Just a thought.

Lady Leaper