From: lady leaper [mailto:ilovfiveks@knology.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 7:51 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] crampons

Thanks so much for all the feedback on ice axes. Now I'm wondering about
crampons. I know the snow conditions in the Sierras are variable from
year to year--the last 2 years being light snow years. There's no
telling at this point what kind of conditions we will encounter in June
of this year. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the
need for using crampons. I believe that some hikers have attatched some
sort of "gripper screws" to the bottoms of their footwear. I'd
appreciate any feedback on this also. Again, thanks in advance. Egads 65
days and counting.....

Lady Leaper (LL)