[pct-l] ice axe

Hi LL,

I'm glad to hear you're going to get trained in the use of the ice axe. It
doesn't do you much good if you don't know how to use it.

I recommend the Camp HL250 for thruhikers. Don't go ice climbing or anchor a
rope team with this axe. It's too flimsy. But it does fine for self-arrest.
It's about 9 ounces.

http://www.bluedome.co.uk/trailwalk/trailwalk3.cfm?review=78&mascat=13&subcat=26

Flyin' Brian