[pct-l] ice axe

I've been lurking for a few days now, so I thought I'd introduce myself =
and ask a little advice also.  I'm Cheryl Ibarra aka Lady Leaper GAME =
2000.  I'm attempting a PCT thru-hike heading north pobably in early =
May.  I'm concerned about snow in the Sierras and have reconciled myself =
to the fact that I"ll likely need an ice axe.  I'm totally inexperienced =
with them, but will have a crash course in self arrest soon.  What I'd =
like to know is:  1. How do you choose one?  2.  How much is it likely =
to weigh?  Thanks in advance for any advice you can send my way.=20

Lady Leaper

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---