[pct-l] crossing the border

Hey there, does anyone know if there is an actual immigration office at =
the point of the border where we start the PCT?   An office where a =
foreigner hoping to hike the PCT can either renew or extend his travel =
visa?  He has a ten year visa but his current permit lasts only until =
July, and then he is supposed to leave the country, even if only for a =
day, and then he can return.  We want to make sure his permit extends =
through September so he doesn't run into any trouble while hiking the =
trail.  We are hoping to extend the permit through a lawyer before we =
begin...but if all else fails...maybe we can do it at the border...at =
Campo.  If anyone knows anything about this we would appreciate the =
feedback....(we don't want to be forced to go to Tijuana, drink their =
margaritas, and have our packs stolen!!)  Kelley Douglas

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---