[pct-l] Introduction

Howdy Folks!,

My name is Jim McCrain, and I am brand new to this discussion list, so I
thought I would take a moment to introduce myself.  I have hiked the
entire JMT twice, the first time in 1991, and the second time as a solo
trip in 1993.  (It actually WAS a solo hike, as I started in mid-May!  I
didn't see anyone for almost three weeks!)  Since then, I have guided
trips in Mexico, Washington, Oregon, California, New Mexico, Colorado,
Texas, Wyoming, and a lot of other states.  I have climbed Denali and
even was part of a team that discovered the northern-most mountain on
Earth this past July.  (Hint: It is in Greenland, about 1/2 mile from
the northern-most coast on the planet!)  I have been pretty busy,
experiencing as much of the great outdoors as possible.  Anyway, that is
a "first glimpse" of who I am, and my way of an introduction.

Well, I am going back to the JMT this year, but I see that a lot has
changed.  Bear cannisters are now needed, we lost "butch" at Vermillion,
and I am 10 years older!  I am going to have several questions for the
group, and will chime in with answers every once in a while.  Thanks for
creating such a diverse group!  (I have been reading for several weeks,
but finally decided to "join".)

Peace,

Jim McCrain