[pct-l] start date and bear canisters

Yes, there is a prediction of heavy snow in the High Sierra this Winter from
now through April with heavy meltoff throughout May and early June.  (sorry,
I just couldn't resist putting in a prediction)

As to your start date (seriously), I will be looking at the snow
accumulations at several places in the High Sierra (from the snow survey
websites) through February and early March, which can be a fairly good
indicator of the timing of the meltoff and therefore the earliest relatively
snow-free passage, and make my annual prediction and suggestion.  The answer
to the question of when to start is, of course, related to your pace
strategy, your experience level with snow and ice and your mental outlook,
IMHO.

Best regards,

Greg "Smartass" Hummel

multipart/alternative