[pct-l] new guy seeking help

I’m a new guy to the list, seeking wise counsel.  In
August I’ll be accompanying a small group of youth and
adults on a short trek.  We plan to hike from Red’s
Meadow to Return Creek (Virginia Canyon), in Yosemite,
on the PCT.  From Return Creek we’ll head generally
east to Virginia Lakes.  I think Virginia Lakes is in
the Toiyabe National Forest.

We’ll fly, from the mid-west, into either Oakland or
Reno and take public transportation to Mammoth
Lakes/Red’s Meadow.

One problem I’m running into is return transportation
from Virginia Lakes.  There’ll be 10 of us needing to
get from there back to the airport.  The YARTS, a
Yosemite area service, doesn’t run north of Lee
Vining. Anybody out there have any ideas?

I’ve contacted a packhorse guide service in Virginia
Lakes, the park rangers in Tuolumne Meadows and
Yosemite Valley, the Mammoth Lakes public
transportation folks, YARTS, an REI store in Reno, and
a host of bus company operators out of the Reno/Tahoe
area… All to no avail!

Any thoughts… Any at all?

Thanks,
Terry Phillips