[pct-l] Shoes

All this talk about human shoes brings to mind my problem which concerns the
shoes which carry me down the trail.  Does anyone have any experience with
tungsten shoes?  My shoer says they should last at least 1500 miles, but he
has no experience with them, also I need a source to buy if anyone knows
one.
I really like rims with maybe heel caulks.
(They're horseshoes in case you  didn't know) :))
For human feet in the stirrup, I like my custom made packers, but wore
riding tennies for years.  I prefer boots for the ankle support since I have
a pair of weak ones (ankles that is).  I do carry camp shoes for myself.
The horses only need trail shoes.  Kind of hard to change their shoes
everyday :-)
Crest Rider