[pct-l] Hiking with Disabilities

"bill blovis" wrote:
> >if you go hike either the PCT or the AT -
> >you'll likely find out that, for a lot of
> >people, it IS about competition.
>
>"When did you start?"
>
>You definitely meet hikers who will ask you this before you have time to
>introduce yourself. But I must say that, once I got into Northern
>California, the only person who seemed to care about that shit was Meadow
>Ed.

You mean they stopped long enough to talk to you?  Probably weren't
thruhikers then.  We met one guy headed south in N Cal. - he was shocked
that we'd stopped to talk - nobody else had time for that - they might not
make their mileage.

Actually - they had no reason to ask you that question - by the time
thruhikers get to Northern California they know who's a thruhiker and who's
not.

Walk softly,
Jim