[pct-l] handicaps/disabilities

JoAnn & Faye - you're both amazing.  You inspire me.  Thank you.  With
respect to hiking with disabilities, I'm fortunately still able to hike &
climb despite (1) chronic asthma (yes, I know that there's plenty of Olympic
athletes with asthma but!!!) (2) having had multiple fractures in a 1978 car
accident, leaving me with only 1 and 1/3 kneecaps (I thank the seat belt &
God for keeping me otherwise in one piece) and (3) chronic depression. The
bod needs constant work to stay in even moderate shape.

Of course I don't feel sorry for myself.  I'd rather be grateful.  (Now, I
am just a wee bit jealous of Flyin' Brian's cooperative bod, but that's
another post...)  What I think is important about a thread like this is to
publicize that there are plenty of us "out there" who love these trails and
journey on them however and whenever we can, carrying our various bruises &
hard knocks with us, and going anyway.

This post meanders a bit, doesn't it!

Christine (temporarily out of lurking mode)