[pct-l] Usenet access change (admin note)

Hi All,

    This is mainly for those users who keep up to date with the lists
via a newsreader (see http://www.backcountry.net/usenet.html  for
information):  I've set a maximum retention time of 90 days for articles
from the various backcountry.net lists.    Since this was an experiment,
I was keeping things indefinitely, but I'd have to say that the
experiment has been a success- we had 252 reader accesses just in the
last 24 hours.   With that in mind,  I need to control the load on the
servers, so I'm instituting a 90-day expiration policy.

This has the upside of reducing the amount of time it takes to load the
article list and makes things a bit more manageable on the server
side.   Articles older than 90 days can still be accessed via the
archives.

The rec.outdoors, etc. Usenet groups will still be kept for 10 days.

Thanks!

-R