[pct-l] RE: Therm-a-Rest

In a message dated 11/5/01 3:19:48 PM, reynolds@ilan.com writes:

<< Yes thruhikers, I know I'm a wimp. I just posted this because there are a

few on this list too old and smart for the guts and glory 30 >>

Now Tom. Are you sure you're not just JEALOUS? (Just kidding!!) Actually,
your approach to hiking seems very much like mine. So see, we don't disagree
on everything!! You are lucky to live near Mt. San Jacinto. What a gem of a
place!
   On thermarests. No longer use one due to weight and puncture problems. I
know someone who hiked in the Grand Canyon (by far my favorite place) and
punctured his on cactus. He never did find the itsy bitsy hole.
  Blovis and Spirit Bear. Find both of your posts interesting. So what if you
disagree with each other. Remember what you said Spirit Bear. It's feelings
that count, so go easy on Mr. Blovis and vise versa. All points of view have
at least some valid parts to them, even Monte's rants on gun control!!!!!