From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Reynolds, WT
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 1:03 PM
To: 'Montedodge@aol.com'; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Brian

I doubt that Brian saw the effect of his accomplishment when he started and
I doubt that we understand it even now. Finally the hiking community gets
the ink long reserved for the Everest mountain climbing community.

He did it and he did it without a support team. Incredible.

Meeting Brian at ADZPCTKO, he seemed like the standard, intelligent,
unassuming silicon valley computer engineer [nerd]. How could one expect
that he could go so bonkers to consider attempting such a feat? Probably
this was due to Roy's poor parenting.

Tom