[pct-l] PCT, King of the Trails??

 Carl is correct that the PCT is a different trail today. The old PCT was
much as the CDT is today, both in route finding and number of hikers. Still
weather can be a real stopper on the PCT more than on the AT. In 1997 ( Or
98, can't remember) when only 9 hikers completed the trail. On another note ,
Greg may have been sniffing hydrogen again when he said he didn't like me. (
I paid him over 200.00 to be my friend so he needs to keep his part of the
bargin!!) As far as AT verses PCT, what better way to generate sizzling
interest in a trail then by telling hikers they can't do it and that the AT
is a farce of a trail!!!!!!!!!    PCT rules! If you want to see the AT , take
a Greyhound!! ( You'll see alot more of the countryside and way less
people)The first 1,000 miles of the AT is like watching " Dukes of Hazard"
reruns with alittle Ripstop Nylon and about 3,000 hikers thrown in for good
measure. mAD MOnTe