[pct-l] Re: PCT-L digest, wave of pct hikers hits

> Message: 7
> From: "tim shaffer" <leyenbrecher@hotmail.com>
> To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
> Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 09:54:30 -0600
> Subject: [pct-l] wave of pct hikers hits ...
>
> "lightnin' bolt" [an adzpctko starter] wasn't mentioned ... anyone seen
him
> recently?
> blaze

I haven't seen him but I ran into Chris(start date May 2), two of the Snowy
Owls(one of the three hurt her back and got off at Tuolomne- I hope she
heals and is able to rejoin her friends), Vince and Bill.  Chris and the
Snowy Owls were a couple of hours apart just north of Ebbets Pass.  Vince
and Bill were ahead and very close together at Soda Springs on Friday.
Vince was headed on to Sierra City to try and catch the PO on Sat morning
before it closed, Bill needed to head into Truckee to replace his shoes and
was planning on hiking to 80 and maybe spending the night at Pooh Corner.
All of them looked healthy and happy and going strong.  Gailen(sp), who had
started out with two llamas,  was a half day behind the Snowy Owls and Bad
Boy Beans was somewhere between Chris and Bill, didn't see them but heard
that Gailen climbed Whitney wearing sandals.  Veiwing Mars from 8000+ ft
elev. was my excuse for this hike but running into the thruhikers and
hearing all the stories was a lot more exciting.
Helen