[pct-l] Introductory Post (Campy Camphausen)

Hello:

I should finally introduce myself. I've enjoyed the PCT-L postings and
the many interesting trail ideas which have come forth.

I'm Campy Camphausen, age 67, retired, and I live in West Bishop. My
interest in the mountains and trails goes back many years, and I've
enjoyed past opportunities to assist PCT through-hikers with
trailhead-to-town transportation and the like.

My main current interest is, however, in becoming a PCTA area
coordinator here on the Sierra Eastside. This currently vacant volunteer
position is intended to facilitate PCT trail work, repairs, and
obstruction removal by organizing crews to do the job. I will work with
the various land management agencies, the very helpful volunteer
backcountry horsepacker units (who carry in tools and supplies to the
more remote sections), and other PCTA members and unaffiliated
backpackers who are willing to spend up to a week at a time working in a
needed area.

I invite your comments regarding the quality of the PCT and feeder
trails within the general Sierra area, and would like also to begin a
data base of people who might be interested in joining my email list for
occasional notification of upcoming trail work plans.

Thanks for your attention. I can be reached at campy@mtnhighwest.com.

(s) Campy