[pct-l] the journey

Right on, Mad Monte. and Wayne.

One of my most favorite quotes;

It's important to have an end to journey toward
but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    Ursula Leguin

And the version of the other quote you mentioned that I first heard walking out from my second "unsuccessful" (meaning I didn't reach the top) Everest expedition was said by Gary Ball. He was Rob Hall's climbing/business partner (died on Dhauligiri in the fall of '93) who was co-leader of the expedition and had also not summited. He's the one who nicknamed my Maggot which is my trail name. He said, "You know, Maggot, the summit is only the excuse for being here."

Summit, trail, Canada, whatever the goal is, it is only the excuse to be in the process. Enjoy the process, whatever it is!  :-)

Namaste, Maggot

--
"At every moment of our life we have an
opportunity to choose joy."

Margo Chisholm
Coach, Speaker, Author, Therapist
Partnering you in having success,
freedom and joy in all areas of your life
970-704-9336    fax 970-704-9346
margo@tothesummit.com
http://www.tothesummit.com

Celebrating The Journey is a free, weekly
email newsletter, full of resources and
quotes, humor and coaching to support you
in having the life you REALLY want. Visit
http://www.tothesummit.com to subscribe.