[pct-l] Kennedy Mdws

<< Does it look like most of the thru hikers will hit Kennedy Mdw in mid
June?  I was thinking of doing a short trip from there to Lone Pine.  It
would be neat to be with the thru hikers. Thanks, Switchback  >>

The good news is, it is mid-June right now, at Kennedy Meadows.  The Kern
River is low and clear.  No snow runoff.  Brian left there yesterday morning
at 6 AM.  The Three Amigos, E.K., Kip and Ryan, were there, and a solo hiker,
Hirsch.  Judging from the trail register, these are the northbound leaders.

I'll be hearing from Brian when he gets to VVV and/or Red's Meadow, and will
post a Sierra snow update to this list.  We could see some snow on the peaks
to the north, but it appeared to be less than we saw in '97, on June 16th.
'97 was a normal snow year in the Sierra, so this is the year to get there
early and hike fast!