[pct-l] drawing the line

>When was the last time you paid a webmaster,
>or a mailing-list admin for using their services?

my point exactly, NEVER !

Good:  hiking group list supported by hiking
enthusiasts volunteering their time for a good
cause.

Bad:  "what is the next "useful" information
I'm going to cook up to inflate this cash machine?"

>You may oppose "commercial-ism" and
>"multi-national corporations,"

If I did, I'd be a hipocrit, since in my line
of work, I'm partially responsible for tearing
up some prime bear and bunny rabbit habitat in
the name of the aforementioned evils.

But,  do you think the money grubbers at the
credit card companines sponsoring special interest
sites care about the enlightenment of the readers?
no!  they want hits.  they want joe hiker to tune
into this weeks tip about putting your feet in
a creek when they develop hot spots, get one of
their cards, and charge up thousands on new
equipment they can't pay for.

Steve