[pct-l] food storage bags and hot water

At one time I found quart-sized "heat-em up" bags..that were meant to
do just as you suggested.  I know they exist but I have not been able to
find them in the last year or so.  I think they did not sell well very
and perhaps were discontinued.

You might search the net for them or call your local grocery manager
and see if s/he remembers them.