[pct-l] food storage bags and hot water

I've just been reading the various manufacturer web sites for food stoarge bags like Glad and
Ziploc. I've always used freezer bags to store my dried food and them dumped hot (just bioling)
water in them to cook the meal. For omelets I've submergerd those same bas in boiling water to make
the omelets.

it has always worked for me.

But, I'm noticing that none of the bag manufactures I've checked out rate there bags for such hot
water. What is everyone else using?

I've been thinking about this because I seem to be in a storage bag vacuum right now. No one near by
has seems to have reasonable sized freezer bags! They're all the gallon size and that is definitely
overkill! I'm at a food packaging impasse right now which is irritaitng since my trip will start in
about 5 weeks.

  ** Ken **

ps- I do use oven baking bags when using a BakePacker. The Reynolds oven bags are quite good.

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **