[pct-l] Memorial Weekend Query

Hello All

I have about eight people getting together from Friday PM to Monday AM
Memorial Weekend of all different backpacking experiences and physical
fitness levels.  We've decided that having a base camp site area and each
structuring each's own day hike makes the most sense for our diverse group.

We are all either in New York City or Philadelphia.  Any recommendations on
which area of the trail might suit our purposes, ie, within three hours of
both cities?  Three of us are experienced in the Rockies but know nothing
about the East Coast and have not purchased the guides as of yet.  Any
thoughts on great stretches of the trail in this area would be appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance.