[pct-l] tent (and tarp vapor condensation).

At 9:17 AM -0800 4/30/01, Elizabeth A. Foshion wrote:
>If your tent floor is permeable - and most get that way pretty quickly, a
>ground cloth underneath or lining the tent floor (my preference) acts as a
>vapor barrier and keeps ground moisture from being volatised in the warm
>tent and condensing on the cooler tent wall.

It will also condense on the floor due to the temp differences inside the tent
and the (usually) colder ground.

Also- I think it was mentioned- when I use a tarp and it is strung low I
do experience condensation on the underside of that as well.

In most nice weather I will just toss my tarp on the ground, put the sleeping
bag on 1/2 of it and wrap the other half (loosely) over my bag-- (assuming
bugs are gone of course)...that still yields some condensation but it seems
to be less than all other methods.

Rich