[pct-l] Patagonia Pack?

has anyone ever used this pataonia pack:  http://www.patagonia.com/webapp/commerce/Pgonia/Product.jsp?merchant_rn=7385&prrfnbr=1872&sku=48350

its kinda cool because its 100% waterproof, which is helpful when you are out for long hikes and rain finds you.  in addition, its only 1lb, 13 ounces.  It also has a hip belt which I like, but will weigh even less if you cut it off.

the only drawback is that its only 1680 cubic inches.  I hikes from Tahoe to Whitney with a 1900 cubic inch pack and had no troubles.  But that hike doesn't require any really long stretches which would require one to load up with a bunch of food.

anyone think that you could do a thru-hike with this pack?

peace,
Dude in TX