[pct-l] Warner Springs Ranch

> Jim and Kelly contacted me tonight, and relayed the message that the
> Warner Springs Ranch has simple rooms for hikers for $25 per night.  I
> do not know how many are available at that rate at any given time.  They
> are simple rooms, and lack both a phone and a TV.

Apparently all their "bungalows" are simple.
The cheapest midweek package on their web page (warnersprings.com) is $153,
which includes gliding, a new way to expedite those boring trail sections
and bypass Fuller Ridge.

> Their restaurant is
> also available, with the cheaper supper entrees (lasagna) beginning
> around $13, and steaks in the $20 range.

Not much worse than the Rong Branch in Julian!

Thanks for the info.   I didn't know they were open to the public at all -
not mentioned in the Town Guide, except the Golf Grill.    I will check it
out next week.

The PCT also passes through their private campground at mile 112, which
the guide book suggests is a good place to camp, though the signs by
the highway are a little more ambiguous:

http://www.oakapple.net/pcnst/pcnst-ca/01-04-06-a14/h4060051.jpg
http://www.oakapple.net/pcnst/pcnst-ca/01-04-06-a14/h4060052.jpg

I'm leaving for Lake Morena later today!