[pct-l] G4 packs?

In a message dated 4/23/2001 11:07:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
barfface74@hotmail.com writes:

> Anyone have any experience with G4 packs from http://www.gvpgear.com/?
And,
>  no this is not spam, I'm seriously interested in hearing what you all have
>  to say about this pack.

I hiked with Nimblewill Nomad recently near the end of his 4600 mile Canada
to Key West trek of the ECT (Eastern Continental Trail).  He was using the G4
pack with a 3/4 thermarest.  He was very ultralite with a base pack weight
(no food or water) of 9.5 pounds.  Once he got his weight down, and used a
homemade compression strap to keep items in the pack from moving around while
he hiked, he was completely satisfied with the G4 pack. I'm sold, and will be
definitely getting one before my next long hike.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear