[pct-l] Re: Mojave info

This message is regarding the information, and lack thereof, in my previous
post concerning Mojave.

Someone asked:

>This is regarding the message about "The Whites Motel" How did you call
them?  From a cell phone?

Yes, we used a cell phone to call White's Motel.  (I didn't see any pay
phone or anything else resembling services at the trail junction with
Highway 58 in  2000.  Something may have change since...)

Secondly, some folks already responded to my post where I commented about
the lack of laundry facilities in Mojave, so I wanted to clarify.  Last year
upon arriving in Mojave at the end of June, we were told that the Laundromat
had closed. Hard news for a hiker.   (Must have happened quickly since
people were doing laundry only weeks previously.)  I called back to recheck
the status and was told that the closure only lasted a short time and they
have since reopened!   (I think they must have gotten wind of our stink and
closed especially for our arrival.)

Amy Rigby