[pct-l] photon/LED flashlights

About the photon light:

I just had a chance to test one out. I had a full power out in my
neighbourhood two nights ago. We have our backpacking knives and
flashlights stored in the same, easy-to-find place. It worked well
and made me think about the 'security blanket' electricity and lights
provide in our cities. Somehow the dark doesn't faze me so much in
the mountains, but in the city it was frightening to see all the
street lights out.

On trail we use this light as backup and use a headlamp for 'in camp'
use like cooking.

Someone asked about the batteries: Yes they are changeable, but the
way to do it is certainly not feasible without any light, so you'll
have to wait until daylight. Also, it is not a very common kind of
battery. I think it's comparable to photocamera batteries, the flat
kind. According to the package the yellow should burn up to 120 hours
straight. The white light many many hours less.

Saskia
--
"If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawn mower"