[pct-l] a letter to C. Thorpe

Charlie - I think the thing about your posts is that they come across as if
we experienced backpackers don't know from s--- and therefore we must be
educated by you. In the obsessive world, there is always the need for
improvement. Therefore no matter what I come up with as a way to do whatever,
the obsessive person will ALWAYS feel compelled to point out its flaws and a
better way to do whatever. Some people are obsessive and some are not and you
strike me as being obsessive. So just chalk it up to "You can lead a horse to
water but you can't make him drink." I'm going to continue to burn my T. P.
when conditions warrant. Sorry, but your posts have only served to harden my
position especially being the situationalist that I am. Perhaps you should
opt for the Seinfeld one-liners and web site references instead of long
"educational" posts that come across as condescending and patronizing. IMHO