[pct-l] Re: sleeping quilt & Therm-a-Rest ¨

You are sort of describing the Rab Top Bag (you can see it at
<http://www.rockrun.com/rr/shop/Sleeping_BagsDown_Bags.html#item_RAB_Top_Bag>). While I don't own
one myself several people I trust do and like it. You can find it mentioned a lot on
BackpackingLight. I do have a down quilt from Nunatak Gear <www.nunatakgear.com> which I use. It can
be tucked under a sleeping pad like a burrito bag (and Tom could easily extend the velcro so that
just uninsulated fabric is under the pad I bet). The Nunatak Back Country Blanket has about 2 inches
of down loft and I've used it in backyard tests in a Feathered Friends Dryloft bivy down to about
28*F while wearing modest clothing and been comfy (I do sleep warm).

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **