[pct-l] Re: tampons

I've used the Keeper, a natural rubber cup, with success. I thought about using the sponge - you can probablly find them at a natural foods store, or try online. I don't use the sponge because I just don't believe that you can get it clean enough to not grow bacteria during and in between uses - at least on the trail.

As I was writing this, it occurred to me that one way to sterilize the sponge while using it and to prepare it for storage would be to rinse in salt water, then fresh water. Safer for your insides than bleach or some other disinfectant. You still have the problem of disposing of the salt water in a safe way for the environment.

Elizabeth