[pct-l] Re: [pct-l] sleeping quilt & Therm-a-RestŪ

John, check out the Feathered Friends and Western Mountaineering websites -
both make semi-rectangular bags which attach to (or not, depending on
preference) a groundsheet with slots for a sleeping pad.  Your idea of
making a sleeping quilt should work fine, though.  My husband/climbing
partner & I have used a similar arrangement since we got claustrophobic in
our zipped-together TNF bags in '94 - we still carry both bags but zip only
one side together, use them like a quilt, and are looking to downsize to a
single rectangular bag made by FF.  (sleeping pads have been the ultralight
9 oz Ridgerests, but we're also looking at the ultralight 3/4
thermarests...it's the comfort thing.)

Eventually we'll all revert to horse blankets and (aaarrggh) hip holes, I
guess! <VBG>

Christine