[pct-l] fire, bugs, and cops that drive on curbs

>The Park Service interest to preventing fires above=20
>10,000 feet has nothing to do with microorganisms.
>It does have to do with the renewably of the fuel
>resource.=20

Though Mr. Moak's wise words did a good job of summarizing
the entagled stream of thoughts I posted in the=20
original+addendum posts re: fires above 10,000 ft.,
I must disagree on this one point.  I have read specific
information (either on the posted sign or ? - can't remember)
that the main concern was that the limited downed wood provided
"food" for the bugs, and if burned up, would result in
undernourished microorganisms vital to the high country
ecosystem.

and c:\mountain dave writes:

>Then he retired to his backcountry cabin where=20
>(and I'm not making this up) several cords of=20
>wood were stacked up for him to use to keep comfy=20
>warm and dry.=20

You'll see cops driving onto the curb and grass
and parking in the red all the time as well.
"Officials" always have a different standard than "users

>no rules just decisions OR no decisions just rules.=20
>I prefer the first because it allows for a live and=20
>let live, hike your own hike...........

yeah, me too! bike your own hike and...................

Steve "my girlfriend says I'm taking this PCT-L stuff way too seriously" =
Courtway

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---