[pct-l] fire addendum

At 12:49 PM 4/11/01, Steve Courtway wrote:
>ah yes, but even a "natural" fire can't be any good for a fragile ecosystem
>such as that found above 10,000 ft, right ?  So my point is, natural fires are not
>"always" beneficial.

I am afraid that from what I understand I disagree. A similar line of reasoning was used to suppress ALL wildfires (that and an attempt to protect timber for harvest)

But I'll leave this one to the forest managers to debate. I'm not qualified

--
Brick Robbins

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go
- T.S. Eliot