[pct-l] Getting lost

1st weather update:

30-40 mph winds subsiding; snowing like a bandit (from Mexico perhaps <g>)

Rich,

near the PCT - Sonora Pass

Next:

hmmm- flashlight (w/red filter of course) takes care of first
and any canyon magnetic enuf to affect compass will most likely
bother high frequency line of sight high-band xmisns from sat's.

I am interested in what Kellye's experience where she could not use
a compass and a GPS would work... got me with that one!