[pct-l] Getting Lost / Backpacker Magazine

I received the following request from an editor of BACKPACKER magazine.  =
If anyone has anything to contribute, please correspond directly with =
Mr. Rennicke.

David Mauldin

To Walk In The Wilderness Is Freedom
http://www.trailquest.mynet.ws .

Hello. My name is Jeff Rennicke. I am a writer for BACKPACKER. Currently =
I am=20
working on a piece about backpackers who get "lost".=20

For the story I am looking for backpackers who have been lost in =
wilderness=20
settings and who are willing to share their stories -- what happened, =
how=20
they dealt with it, what emotions they experienced, what they learned, =
what=20
they would tell others to  hopefully, avoid the same mistakes.

Could you help put me in contact with people who have been through the =
ordeal=20
of being lost and would be willing to speak to me about it?

I am doing the piece in the spirit of National Park Service Ranger =
Dwight=20
McCarter who says in his own book Lost: A Ranger's Journal of Search and =

Rescue, "By telling their stories, we hope to increase the chances of=20
survival for anyone else who comes close to the edge or who faces the =
raw=20
terror of being lost in the mountains."

Thank you for any advice or help you can provide.

Sincerely,

Jeff Rennicke
P.O. Box 576
Bayfield, WI 54814