[pct-l] Ankle Pain

Charlie-

Straight from my Doctor in my emergency visit Jan 12, 2001.

1- Plenty of ibuprofen for 8-10 days- acts as antiinflamatory. (1.5 GRAMS/DAY)
(ie 1500 mg)-- not to exceed 10 days, EVERY DAY. Motrin is better than
advil re my Doc.

2- 20 minutes ice on, 20 off for about a week. 4-5 times day.

3- then 20 minutes heat on, 20 min off 4-5 times a day.

4- Use a cane- stay off it as MUCH as possible; use a support wrap also-
EVERY DAY!

-->>>> Ankle injuries are insidious and can take ***6*** or MORE
 months to get back to 100%.

(I am in month 3 of recovery) <g>.

Best,

Rich

PS-

I can only walk a couple of miles still!! SO be careful- follow the regimne.