From: Montedodge@aol.com [mailto:Montedodge@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 11:06 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Trail Dinners

    No  wonder Calif. doesn't have any energy, Tom used it all cooking that
four course dinner!!  I could drive my Subaru  back and forth to the
trailhead 6 times with the fuel Reynolds used to cook that buffet style
trailside meal!!! ;;;;; Tents vs. Tarps---- There is something to be said
about having a floor and critter proof netting in snake country. Also having

been bitten by a spider and waiting 6 months to heal makes me sleep a tad
better with netting than without. Mosquitoes are only a pain but spiders are

a bigger worry. After the desert, you can go with a tarp. Also , use filter
for your water in desert, then chemicals only after . See you next month!!!