[pct-l] Reality Inflation

Response from Feather Friends to 3 pound Rock Wren

The fabric you chose was the 1.1 ripstop nylon. That is the lightest weight
fabric we carry. As it's name suggests it weighs 1.1 ounces per square yard.
The Epic weighs 1.9 ounces per square yard. Our advertised weight for the
Rock Wren II in nylon is 2lbs. 1oz. Epic will increase that to about 2 lbs.
3oz. Bag weight can vary by about two ounces so let's assume it was one of
the heavier ones at 2 lbs. 5 oz. plus 2 oz. of overfill that's 2 lbs. 7 oz.
If you've been following along with my math that's 39 oz. total. His weight
is still off by 7 oz. all I can think of is that somehow more down was added
to his bag. I talked to the production manager and he recommended that this
individual should send his bag in for evaluation. You can tell him to
contact me via this email address.