[pct-l] need some info

Hey guys and gals, I can use some help. Reading the talk about a TM-20
has got me thinking about my solo hiking and bping.  Please, no mail
about how dangerous it is for a woman to be alone...I know and I will
still do it. What would you, who are "in the know", suggest for a
safety/fallback devise in case of an emergency?  What would you
recommend I take w/me in case of injury, etc? Is there anything
(relatively light weight) I could carry w/me to reach the outside
world?  I have a non hiking husband who worries, a lot, while I'm gone.
JoAnn