[pct-l] boots and shoes

I have found that inexpensive hiking boots,  LL Bean has several styles under $90 and they come in wide widths, work for me.  Goretex or not,  mid-cut,  leather and nylon upper offers enough support without too much weight.  Go for the lightest thing you can handle, the weight does add up on each footstep. I've had behemoth Vasque Hiker II, Sundowners, and now go for cheaper lighter barely boots. They wear out after about 600 miles anyway. Chuck em and get a new pair. Some things need to wear out and not last forever.

I have one weak ankle and mid cut boots do make a difference! Look for the style that allows you to adjust your lacing looser on your forefoot and tighter around you ankle, this makes a big difference.

Hiking on,  Section C this May, Look for me huffing up Mission Creek.

David Craft
Greensboro, NC