[pct-l] (no subject)

Since cabin fever seems to be rearing its ugly head, I have a prescription that may help.  Oregon and Wash USFS has several cabins, work centers, and lookouts available for nightly rental.  Most are only available during non-fire season times of the year.  Nightly rental is 20-35 bucks per night.
I just got back from an attempt to spend the night in a lookout in Eastern Oregon.  We skied 5.5 miles uphill and lost the road due to snowpack.  You would figure that finding a sixty foot tower on the top of a mountain would be easy  but with decreasing visibility and snow starting to fall we pointed em downhill and covered in one hour what it took us four hours to gain.  This was my fifth lookout rental and only the second time I have been skunked.  The skiing is great, zero other people and a true sense of adventure.
We made it back to our car at dark, drove to the nearest little town, got an inexpensive motel room, went to a local bar and the adventure continued........

Steve
PCT in many,many sections