[pct-l] Tin Can Stove Website

Actually, this is only partially true.  Pepsi doesn't have any specific can
patent, you were probably using a beer can from a different manufacture.  I
actually collect beer cans (I know, an odd hobby but I do have 5000
different US ones)  and have many different cans from current beer labels
across the country - some of which are exactly the same as Pepsi and some
are quite different.  So I guess it just depends what beer you use and what
can supplier they use.  You may find that other cans might work even better
than the Pepsi ones.  If you think all beer cans are the same, try comparing
a Coors/Old Milwaukee/Strohs example to a Budweiser.

A way too technical point, I know, but I had to throw it out there 'cause
Brick is always so damned informed - talk about your research gurus.

-swoosh

At 02:10 PM 2/28/01 , Reynolds, WT wrote:
>Wasn't this the BEER Can stove?

Actually the  the bottom of cans containing Pepsi products is shaped
differetnly than Beer cans or cans of other manufacturers.

Although other types of cans can be used, the Pepsi cans work better.

-Brick