[pct-l] Solare battery chargers

scourtway@bpa-arch.com
> any experience with solar battery chargers ?

The first question you should ask yourself is:

Why do I want to carry a device which requires large numbers of batteries, and
is there any way I could accomplish the same thing more easily without
requiring so many batteries?

Solar panels big enough to power a laptop or similar device are bulky,
vibration-sensitive, and heavy.  Solar panels to power a small device such as a
flashlight or digital camera may make sense.

A number of bicycle campers have done such things in the past year.  See
http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/touring/laptop.htm for one of the
better-documented examples.