[pct-l] Re: one last gun note as relates to PCT

What was the stopping power (ie, caliber)? As I would think u still cuold
get those surplus.

Rich

At 01:31 PM 2/27/01 -0500, Elizabeth A. Foshion wrote:
>In the late 70's, I used to own a British made rifle designed as part of
flyer's survival gear. I forget the caliber, but it broke down and
everything fitted in the plastic stock (which floated). The barrel was
aircraft aluminum and the rifle weighed a little over 1 pound with ammo.

>We took it backpacking, but it was a bitch to sight and definately shorter
range than I want to be with a Griz. Also, if you had it broken down, you
would have been bear poop long before getting it together.