[pct-l] Re: one last gun note as relates to PCT

In the late 70's, I used to own a British made rifle designed as part of flyer's survival gear. I forget the caliber, but it broke down and everything fitted in the plastic stock (which floated). The barrel was aircraft aluminum and the rifle weighed a little over 1 pound with ammo.

We took it backpacking, but it was a bitch to sight and definately shorter range than I want to be with a Griz. Also, if you had it broken down, you would have been bear poop long before getting it together.